Wednesday, February 5, 2014

When he looked back on the stars

This month's photographer's prerogative photo is in honor of my friend, Adam. 
I knew it would be about him, but I didn't know what I'd do. 

As I drove around and around after church the other day, listening to Rich Mullins and thinking about Adam, several thoughts came to mind - as well as a lot of tears. 

Then "Elijah" came on. 

But when I leave I want to go out like Elijah
With a whirlwind to fuel my chariot of fire
And when I look back on the stars
It'll be like a candlelight in Central Park
And it won't break my heart to say goodbye

Even though it does break our hearts to say goodbye. 

Week 5 of Photo 52: Photographer's Prerogative

No matter how much he loves us, it couldn't break his heart to say goodbye - he's home now. 
Our world is darker for his absence, even though he never understood
 what a light in our world he was. 

At least it's only goodbye for now. 


How I hate goodbyes though. 

I'm a much bigger fan of hello!

I said hello to some newer friends in late January and got in a tasty number 22 NEW by trying a new sandwich that I'd have normally never tried, were I not seeking new.
It was good, and it was good to relax with friends after such a roller coaster of a month.

Then a week or so later, I said hello again to some very dear long time friends.


We were so recently together at Adam's funeral, but this was a happier occasion - a birthday girl! 

The birthday girl and I have known each other 30 years. 30 years!!  Can we possibly be old enough to have known each other 30 years?  I've known this scary guy just two years less than that. 

Crazy, isn't it.


Dinner was lovely, and it accomplished a NEW number 23, to boot.  

We did, of course, talk a lot about our dear friend - there was a lot more inappropriate laughter.

I'm so thankful for the blessing of friends - the new and the old. 

Those still here and those who've had to move on before us.

Truly, my friendship cup overfloweth with wonderful, loyal, talented, creative, kind, and hilarious friends - one even has excellent taste in German food. 

She came by it honestly. 


Winzer Stube in Hudson, WI is my New number 23. It's the birthday girl's favorite restaurant, ranked the fifth best German restaurant - in the country!  In little old Hudson, WI, no less - impressive, right!  

Anyhow, it's a new to me restaurant - and really a pretty uncharted cuisine for me.

I had the Paprikaschnitzel “Puszta”: 
Breaded pork cutlet topped with sour cream paprika sauce with bread dumplings and cabbage.


This photo doesn't do the deliciousness justice. 

Treat yourself - grab a friend and take a trip to Hudson! 

3 comments:

  1. I love Winzer Stube! It is such good food! Best German I remembering having outside of Germany. Can we go together next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete