Sunday, November 3, 2013

Beguiled


October
O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away.
Retard the sun with gentle mist;
Enchant the land with amethyst.
Slow, slow!
For the grapes’ sake, if they were all,
Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,
Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—
For the grapes’ sake along the wall.

(Robert Frost) 

I didn't really want October to come this year because, though it is typically a lovely month, the days become noticeably shorter, and then comes winter. I consider it my last stand against the cruel forces that are to come, so it leaves me with mixed feelings. Still, I think I jumped all in and overall, it was indeed a lovely month!

It was full of love...


surprises...  (a cruise to the Bahamas is in my near future!)


and sweet treats.

Week 43 of Photo 52: Treat
There were even attempts at trickery!

Bonus Photo 52: Trick
Unfortunately, this strangely backfired, since it seems people thought this eyeball stew looked like certain other body parts, apparently.... (I had to be told what they were referring to - I just didn't see it.) Sigh. Maybe I should just stick with what I know. If only I knew what that was. Regardless, this was fun and silly to do and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. Tasty too!

There were certainly new things, among which, though I am not officially counting it so, was this attempt at a long exposure photo.

Week 44 of Photo 52: Photographer's Choice
I chose it as my photographer's choice photo for October because, 1) I seriously love our adorable jack o' lanterns, 2) I spent an entire evening trying to get this right, and 3) spending an evening trying to get it right was really good therapy for what had been a particularly unpleasant day (month) at work. It's not really a very good photo, I know, but I did have good fun working on it!

Also, there has been some serious grappling with some ongoing issues, which I don't seem to ever make any real progress on. Still, anxious and beaten down though I be, I keep on... and have had good fun along the way. That's something, I suppose.


Farewell October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment