Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Comfort zone

It seems to me that I've not done a single new thing since my photo walk on October 19th. Hmm, how can this be? Well, work has been very busy, and I was rather under the weather too - there were also a couple birthday girls to celebrate. Then I was out of town this past weekend, but I didn't go anywhere new and the reason I went there was for some old, and oh so dear, friends.

Indeed, I don't think a single new thing really happened, even on my trip - and wonderfully so! After all, "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

The comfort of meeting up with dear old friends!
I suppose that between a lot of work stress, having a nasty cold, and the first snows and cold of winter, staying in my comfort zone for a few weeks isn't so awful, is it?

Appropriately enough, last week's photo theme was comfort. It wasn't hard to think of things that comfort me, especially since I spend a good amount of time seeking and enjoying them. Probably too much.

One might make the argument that I've been having a rather bumpy go of it these last several years, so maybe I deserve a little extra comfort.

Week 46 of Photo 52: Bumpy --  mmm, bumpy never tasted so good!

Fair enough. Everything has its season, after all, and so - as my storm rages on - I'll not feel bad for nestling into the comforts that I'm so blessed with... provided I remember that comfort is not the goal, and that it is better still to comfort, than to be comforted.


Week 45: Comfort
Yes, yes - faith, hope, love... and home. Where would I be without these? These have been my saving grace in the storm. Whatever else I am, I am thankful - so very thankful - for these comforts. 

With love, HJ

3 comments:

  1. There is something about November that positively DEMANDS comfort. I love the light in your comfort photo. I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately sensed a connection between comfort and bumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And always remember...

    It's nice to be nice to the nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee - truer words were never spake!!! :-)

      Delete