Saturday, June 14, 2014

39 is 37

"The Theatre, the Theatre, what's happened to the Theatre?"

I don't know much about chicks who did kicks, or heps who did steps - but I know what I like, and I liked NEW number 37, which was "The 39 Steps" at the Yellow Tree Theatre. 


Apparently the Twin Cities is second only to New York City in live theater per capita - pretty impressive, really. So you'd think I'd have gone once in a while... hmm. Okay, I have gone twice: once for college credit at Bethel, and once 14 years ago - which was just a fluke because someone gave us last minute tickets they couldn't use. Sir Patrick Stewart was involved in that theater experience - and the only reason we went. We were close enough to have touched Sir Patrick, but it's important to note that we did not. A mistake I do not intend to duplicate, if I ever have the pleasure of seeing him in person again. ☺ Ahem, but I digress...


The Yellow Tree Theatre is a small theatre in Osseo - basically in a strip mall. Glad that didn't scare us away, because it was quite charming. The play was hilarious - really, really hilarious! There were only four actors in it and they were excellent! It's amazing how intimate the theater experience is - especially at this cozy theater. I'm very interested in the plays they are offering next season, so plan to return there, for sure. It's ridiculously affordable too, so it's pretty guilt-free, as a bonus - it's a steal, really.

So there it is, 39 - a most enjoyable 37th NEW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment