Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just keeps rollin'

It's been a rather fun several days. A lot of living has been packed into these five days, starting on my birthday. I took off work Wednesday through Friday, and R took off on the weekend (a rare luxury for one who doesn't get paid time off!), so we were able to spend some really good birthday times together. We did end up working together at the flea market on Saturday morning, but that was actually my idea. Flea markets are fun to work together - and even I can make some nice little spending money off our household junk gently-used treasures.

From Wednesday's flowers for mom, birthday burgers, nature walk, and bocce fun (with a win!), through today - helping R's daughter move - it's been nonstop. After the move today I'm definitely sore on top of the already plum tuckered that I was from all these days of fun. Mind you, I'm not even remotely complaining, even about the move; it was great to be able to hang around his daughter and her friend.

So yeah, five purely wonderful and memorable days together doing a little of this and a little of that - together.


Together is my favorite way to do things, after all.


Especially when it comes to walking down unknown roads.


Things I've learned from chocolate candy wrappers: Love is a flower, friendship a sheltering tree.


I'm so grateful for love and friendship of all kinds. My five days off were plum full of them!


And also for all the abundant, but sometimes hidden, blessings that abound.

Week 31 of Photo 52: Photographer's Choice
You just gotta keep your eyes out for them, and enjoy the sweetness when you take hold of them.


And sometimes you find them, but you still have to chase them around a while. With these, rejoice even to take hold of them - no matter how fleeting.


Yeah - and tiki drinks aren't bad either...


Especially when surrounded by happy wishes!

My Thursday night work friends get together was full of laughter and fun - and even a few family members as a bonus!


Friday night held some more family fun.


It's good to have R's oldest in town, though only briefly. Proud pops!


Time for some more laughs, along with cruising and dining on the Mighty Mississippi!


I'm not sure that life is but a dream, but we surely do love to go gently down the stream, err, the Mighty Mississippi.


(This is the only kind of cat's eye I care to stare into!)


Yep, definitely a proud pops!


He has much to be proud of!  (I loved the glowing light on her face and just had to take this shot.)

Week 30 of Photo 52: Dramatic Light
And this one, because the light was even more dramatic.

What Year 43 will bring is as much a mystery as Ol' Man River himself! 

Hopefully it will also be as lovely.


Even if the loveliness I see out this window comes with darkness and distortions, occasionally raging and flooded waters, insects - and most assuredly mixed in with images from behind me.

Loveliness too rages, right along with the rest.


Ol' Man River, that Ol' Man River
He must know somepin', but he don't say nothin'
He just keeps rollin', he keeps on rollin' along

1 comment:

  1. Smiling here--what a great break for you! You are surrounded by so much love. :-) And now, you have answered my question of "behind what glass???". Glad the water went down enough to accommodate a beautiful trip down the river!

    ReplyDelete